Clinics and Services
Victoria Cross Surgery works together with SwindonCCG to provide a comprehensive range of Primary Care Services. Services not provided by the surgery are commissioned by Swindon CCG as appropriate.
All our doctors are registered to provide maternity services and contraceptive advice
- Dr Bauliah, Dr Basheer and Dr Rao are registered for Child Health Surveillance
- Dr Duncumb and Dr Peters does minor surgery.
- Dr Sleggs, Dr Bauliah and Dr Peters do steroid joint injections
- Dr Peters special interest is Dermatology.
All patients over 65 and those with a chronic disease, such as Diabetes, Heart Disease, Asthma etc are recommended to have a vaccination against Pneumonia.
Flu clinics are also held yearly in the autumn.
Nurse clinics are held in the morning and afternoon of each weekday at Victoria Cross and our Branch Surgery at Eldene Health Centre.
These clinics provide a range of services including: –
- New Patient Health Checks
- General nursing advice
- Dressings/removal of stitches
- Cervical smears – screening is recommended every 3-5 years for ladies aged 25-65 years. We have a reminder system but please book an appointment with the nurse if you know your smear is overdue. If you are over 65 you may request a smear every 5 years
- Ear syringing
- Advice and injections for travel. We are a registered Yellow Fever centre as well as a registered travel centre and can offer the full range of vaccinations and travel advice.
Our Practice Nurses, together with our Health Care Assistants, routinely monitor Asthma, COPD, Coronary Heart Disease and Diabetic patients.
Advice is available. If you would like further information or help in giving up smoking, please make an appointment with one of our Smoke Stop Advisor.
The Practice Nurses will also be happy to talk to you about any problems you may have concerning your health. The Advanced Nurse Practitioners are qualified to deal with minor illnesses and injuries and will always ask a doctor for further advice if in doubt.
The Community nursing team attached to the practice, based at Clarence House, provide specialist nursing care in the community. They work alongside GPs, other health professionals and the Social Care team to provide care and support in the home.
The Health Visitor attached to the practice, can offer advice, help, support and guidance on all aspects of child and family health and development, especially with families with children under 5. For advice or to arrange an interview the Health Visitor can be contacted on 01793 466436.
All our doctors offer maternity care. Antenatal and post-natal appointments can be arranged with your doctor during normal surgery hours. You can make a midwife appointment at Reception. The midwife will monitor you during your pregnancy for check-ups and advice on all aspects of maternity care.
Appointments with the midwife are available on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Victoria Cross Surgery and Friday afternoons at Eldene Health Centre. Appointments can be made through the surgery.
The midwife is also available for pre-pregnancy advice.
Psychology &Counselling Service
Appointments are available each Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. You can self refer to the Counsellor by making an appointment at Reception. Each session lasts approximately 45 minutes. You will be asked to complete a questionnaire before your appointment.
The team includes Community Social Workers, District Nurses, and Occupational Therapists. They are based at Clarence House in Swindon.